Since February 2018, the activities of the laboratory of excellence CaPPA are coordinated by Denis Petitprez , scientific responsible of the project (Laboratoire de PhysicoChimie des Processus de Combustion et de l’Atmosphère) and Frédéric Parol, deputy coordinator of the project (Laboratoire d’Optique Atmosphérique).
Didier Tanré and Pascale Desgroux have been coordinating the project from 2012 until 2017, Philippe Goloub and Pascale Desgroux have been coordinating the project from 2017 until 2018.
A « year with CaPPA » is organized through bimontly meetings of the Scientific Committee of Program, the annual meetings of the Governing Board and of the Advisory Board, and finally by a couple of events bringing together the multidisciplinary research community involved in the project.
All stakeholders of the project interact regularly within meetings of the 6 workpackages, « education board » and « exploitation board ».
The board is chaired by the regional division « Nord-Pas-de-Calais – Picardie » of the CNRS which is the coordinating institution of the Labex CaPPA.
One high level representative per following partner:
– CNRS : the regional division « Nord-Pas-de-Calais – Picardie » (DR18) and the National Institute for Earth Sciences and Astronomy (INSU)
– IMT Lille Douai
– University Lille 1
– University of Littoral Côte d’Opale
Representatives of the invited partners:
– DRRT Délégué régional à la recherche et à la technologie
– Région Nord-Pas de Calais – Picardie
The Executive board
It decides on the aims and goals of the CaPPA project and votes for the orientations proposed by the Scientific Committee of Program and the Advisory Board. The Governing Board decides on fulfillment or not of deliverables and milestones, adaptation of the work plan, consortium matters, budget allocation, human ressources and intellectual property.
Scientific Committee of Program
Heads of each workpackage research group
The Education Board
The Exploitation Board
Representative of the LASIR (for its implication in 2 research axes)
The Executive Board
The Scientific Committee of Programm is an executive structure which plays a role of orientation and scientific expertise. It sets up decisions made by the Advisory Board.
It provides progress reports on activities and finances to the Governing Board and to the Advisory Board.
It includes: coordination of workpackages and their specific tasks including quality and risk management, guarantee of a high quality work with continuous monitoring of progress, monitoring and on-time preparation of reports, deliverables and milestones achievement, design-specific control measures to ensure effective progress within the WP (quality management), identification and selection of R&D projects, balance sheet, strategy and prospective advices of CaPPA.
The Scientific Committee of Program meets on average every 2 months.
External Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is chaired by one of its academic members on a voluntary basis.
Representatives of international academic colleges
– Professeur Horst Hippler, Chimie Physique Moléculaire, President of the German Rectors´Conference
– Dr. Octavio Roncero, Spanish National Research Council, Institute of Fundamental Physics, Madrid
– Dr. Michel Rossi, Directeur de recherche au Laboratorium für Atmosphärenchemie (LAC) de l’institut Paul Scherrer de Villigen, Suisse
– Dr Nicolas Bellouin, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading, UK
Representatives of industries, companies and research organizations
– Didier CROZEL, CIMEL company
– Olivier PENANHOAT, SNECMA company
– Nathalie Poisson, ADEME
– Didier Vola, IRSN
– Bernard Legras (Pôle AERIS) et Laurent Menut (LMD), INSU
Its role is to review the Labex CaPPA activities and scientific results, to give advices about the strategic orientation and to suggest changes if necessary to the Governing Board and to the Scientific Committee Programm. It informs the Governing Board of major issues of research and education projects as well as the exploitation of Labex’ results. It takes into account the requirements of the socio-economic world and academic world.
The Advisory Board meets once a year based on the invitation from the Executive board.
– Denis Petitprez, Coordinator of the Labex CaPPA
– Frédéric Parol, Deputy Coordinator of the Labex CaPPA
– Anne Burlet-Parendel, communication manager and valorization officer for the Labex CaPPA, operational support
The Executive Board provides the administrative activities of the project and the daily monitoring of operations.